ALBA CARS DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Information We Collect
When you visit our Digital Platform, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the date and time of your visit and other details.
Data may be collected about the device being used to access our Digital Platform. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend you check the policies of your device manufacturer or your settings to know what information is made available to us.
Personal data is information that will allow us to identify or contact you, and includes, but is not limited to, name, Email address, date of birth, gender, nationality, Passport Number, Emirates ID Number, phone/mobile number, home/mailing address/P.O. Box Number, work address, and payment information.
The Digital Platform gathers information and personal data in the following ways:
I. Directly - for instance, when you provide information to sign up for a newsletter or register on the Digital Platform or extranet or wish to leave a comment on a forum; II. Indirectly - for instance, through our Digital Platform's technology or through our affiliates; and III. Information you supply on the Company’s social media pages including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Instagram.
Legal processing of data
We will process your personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process data about you only on legal bases. These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
1. it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract, i.e. when we provide a service you request from us;
2. it satisfies a legitimate interest, provided it is not overridden by your data protection interests, including, but not limited to, for research and development, for marketing and promoting our services, and for protecting our legal rights and interests;
3. you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose and you will have the right to change your consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place; or
4. we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal data for the following purposes and personal data will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
1. to enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our Digital Platform;
2. to enable you to access and use our Digital Platform, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
3. to contact and communicate with you;
4. for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
5. for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Digital Platform, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
6. for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our services and information about third-parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
7. to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
We may disclose personal data to:
1. third-party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services;
2. other party for the performance of a contract;
3. our employees and/or related entities;
4. sponsors or promoters of any services we run;
5. debt colleting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for the services we have provided to you;
6. courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
7. third-parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, services or direct marketing to you; and
8. third-parties to collect and process data.
The disclosure of personal data may be subjected to a prescribed fee(s), as determined by the Company from time to time. The personal information we collect is stored and processed in the United Arab Emirates, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal data, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal data to the overseas countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards. Where we transfer personal data to third-parties in other jurisdictions, you acknowledge that such third-parties may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. You will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction.
Data Protection for Minors
The Digital Platform is intended only for users above eighteen (18) years of age who are in a position to enter in to legally binding contracts. The Digital Platform does not knowingly collect any information and/or data on persons who have not attained the age of 18 years.
We respect your privacy. We give you the option to either subscribe to or; unsubscribe from our database. You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You may request details of the personal data that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal data we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal data to another third-party. You can do the above by using our Contact Us form.
Links to other sites
The Digital Platform contains links to advertisements, events, our business partners, and third-party links. Those websites have their own privacy statements and policies. This Privacy Statement will not apply when you move to other sites. We are neither responsible nor liable for privacy practices employed by websites linked to us. We do not guarantee, assure, approve or endorse any information, material or service/product contained in these links. These links are for reference purposes only and you clicking these links is at your sole risk. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Privacy Statement, please contact us using our Contact Us form.
Effective: February 2021